10 things you can do TODAY to invite ecstasy into your life and birth!
1. Plan this event like you would plan your wedding, so that every detail serves your pleasure. You wouldn’t choose a catering hall known for lousy food for your reception and just hope for the best, would you? Choose every detail of the birth with your highest pleasure in mind. And yes, that includes thinking about what you will wear.
2. Flood yourself with positive birth stories, images, and videos. Consciously reprogram your cultural concept of birth.
3. Knowledge is power. Enrolling in the most comprehensive childbirth education class you can find is just the starting point. Educate yourself to the max about every aspect of birth.
4. Begin a desire list for your birth. Write down every birth desire you have, however large or small. Read and update the list regularly.
5. Be honest with yourself and your partner about your fears. Contemplate how you can support yourself through each one. Birth counseling can often be a very powerful tool.
6. Do whatever it takes for you to feel healthy, strong, and beautiful. This often includes eating well, getting appropriate exercise, and enjoying your maternal curves.
7. Get comfortable with your sensual/ sexual self. Birth is inherently part of the same system and works under the same principles. Notice the conditions that turn you on, that enable you to relax and open. Include as many of these into your birthing environment as possible.
8. Practice listening to your intuition every day. Sit, breathe, relax, and listen.
9. Breathe deeply. All the time. Especially when you are stressed.
10. Gather SUPPORT!! Surround yourself with people who will cheer-lead you and enable your vision during pregnancy and especially in the birthing room. Don’t forget to look beyond birth and make sure that you will be well supported postpartum, so your attention can be on enjoying your baby.
PS: Inspired? Consider joining the The Ecstatic Birth Practitioner Training, the only certification program for birth practitioners that addresses the integrative nature of birth and sex, pleasure as the most holistic birthing tool and focuses on YOUR embodiment.
Birthworkers, do you want your clients to experience birth as the natural and ecstatic rite of passage it was meant to be? Do you desire new tools to elevate birth experiences from pain so mothers feel empowered? Do you feel committed to revolutionizing birth from fear and victimization to a sacred and liberating portal? I’ve got something special just for you…